User talk:Tom Lowenhaupt
What is the voice of the NYCwiki? Wikipedia has a neutral voice. In reality neighborhood voices will be determined by the residents. Different 'hoods might have different voices.
- Keep it neighborly, youse guys! Wwwhatsup 22:51, 10 July 2010 (PDT)
Just a note Tom. When adding to a discussion/topic it is the normal practice to add to the bottom not the top. Wwwhatsup 02:02, 18 July 2010 (EDT)
- I'm not sure of which discussion you refer, but if it was a new topic, top makes it more visible IMHO. With responses below. I don't like either of these positioning styles and will pay closer attention. Discussion are poorly enabled by Mediawiki, again IMHO. Thanks. Tom Lowenhaupt 02:31, 18 July 2010 (EDT)
- You won't have a problem if you go with the flow. A couple of things you should do: Go to Special:Preferences and make sure 1) on the User Profile tab, E-mail me when a page on my watchlist is changed is checked, and 2) on the Watchlist tab, all the email notification fields are checked. That way you will get an email whenever anyone makes or responds to a comment. Wwwhatsup 15:13, 18 July 2010 (EDT)
Spring 2012 Plans
- Looking forward to a NYPL event WikiGangs of New York - Late April
- Preparing for a mapping event with New York Times Labs OpenPaths.cc. Expect to coordinate this with Transportation Alternatives bike Month - May.
- Have submitted to present on NYCwiki progress at Wikimania in early July Tom Lowenhaupt