RAMBO (an acronym for "Right After the Manhattan Bridge Overpass") refers to a small neighborhood in the downtown area of the New York City borough of Brooklyn. Its borders are Flatbush Avenue Extension on the west, Tillary Street on the south, and the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway (BQE) on the north and east. The area is also known historically and in city planning as "Bridge Plaza". RAMBO used to be part of Vinegar Hill until the 1950s, when the construction of the BQE effectively isolated it from surrounding areas.
- ↑ "In RAMBO, Free to Be You and Me". curbed.com. 2006-02-16. http://www.curbed.com/archives/2006/02/16/in_rambo_free_to_be_you_and_me.php. Retrieved 2007-11-04.
- ↑ Cohen, Ariella (2007-08-18). "Downtown going Williamsburg". The Brooklyn Paper. http://www.brooklynpaper.com/stories/30/32/30_32goingwilliamsburg.html. Retrieved 2007-11-04.
- ↑ Weinstein, Robert (March-April, 2008). "'Flattery' will get you somewhere". Brooklyn Boom. http://www.brooklynboom.com/stories/1/1/01_01_flattery_will_get_you.html. Retrieved 2009-01-06.
- ↑ "'MANUFACTURING CENTRE CREATED AT MANHATTAN BRIDGE PLAZA IN BROOKLYN". The New York Times: p. 31. 1917-12-23. http://query.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=9407EFDD1E3BE03ABC4B51DFB467838C609EDE. Retrieved 2009-01-06.
- ↑ "Bridge Plaza Rezoning Proposal". New York City Department of City Planning. 2003-08-19. http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcp/html/bridgeplaza/bridgeplaza1.shtml. Retrieved 2009-01-06.