The NYCwiki Neighborhoods Project is a pilot project to build up viable wiki content on specific aspects of life in at least 10 New York City neighborhoods (2 for each of the Five Boroughs), and as a starting point importing articles from Wikipedia and adapting and expanding them to NYCwiki neighborhood standards.
For each neighborhood, we will aim to create a main neighborhood (directory) page, as well as subject-specific articles covering the (1) culture, (2) economy, (3) education, (4) environment, and (5) history of each neighborhood.
A primary purpose of this page will be to develop specific guidelines for these types of pages, which will be broadly applicable to covering all of the neighborhoods of New York City.
For the style guide used for the neighborhood project, please see NYCwiki:Style guide.
For the navigation template used for this project, please see Template:Nabe.
Guidelines for pages
Main Neighborhood Page (Directory)
- neighborhood description, blogs, listervs, links to community resources
- culture, community, demographics, festivals, music
- economy, retail, industry
- education, schools, colleges, adult education, libraries
- environment, health, safety, parks, gardening
- history, historic sites, historical sources
What's A Neighborhood?
As presented here, neighborhoods are those locations where people share space and values. They are not "My-Neighborhoods" which are places individuals spend their lives. But shared spaces.